New Parent Info
Valley View Elementary invites you to attend our Prospective Parent Tour hosted twice a year, usually in November and March. Come visit us and see for yourself our wonderful community. For more information, contact our main office at 323-851-0020 to be placed on the list. Dates will be announced on the website calendar.
To register your child at Valley View you need to present:
- Birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport or other legal document that states the child’s date of birth.
- Immunization Record Card. Children must be current with all shots:
- Polio: 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough if at least one was given after the second birthday
- DTP/DTaP/DT/Tdp: 4 or more doses, but one more dose is needed if the last does was given before the second birthday. After the seventh birthday, at least three doses are needed, but one must be on or after the second birthday.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): 2 doses
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Varicella: 1 dose
Those entering school for the first time–for example, Kindergarteners or those from another country or state–must have the Mantoux tuberculosis skin test and proof of a dental check-up within the previous 12 months.
Children must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enroll in Kindergarten. Transition Kindergarten is available for children with September 2 through December birthdays.
To enroll in Valley View as your neighborhood school, check LAUSD School Finder to see if you home address falls within the school boundaries. You will need to provide proof of your address, such as utility bills.
If you do not live within the neighborhood school boundaries, there are other enrollment options, such as SAS (School for Advanced Studies), work permit, child-care permit or open enrollment . Please speak to the office directly for placement options.
Any new students who previously attended a LAUSD school need to obtain the PAR (Pupil Accounting Report) from the previous school so that the enrollment can be handled through the computer.
Permit applications will be approved in late July prior to the beginning of the school year. Please call the school at (323) 851-0020 for more info.
INCOMING KINDER EVENTS
During the summer, Valley View PTA hosts a Kinder playdate to facilitate transitioning Kinders and their parents into their new school. We hope that attending these will make your child’s transition into Kindergarten easier. It’s a chance for our new parents to meet other new parents and set up playdates for the summer. Current VVE parents will be in attendance with their children to answer any questions you may have.